I want to meet the CEO

I WANT TO MEET THE CEO

Today is July 22nd 2008, not the brightest of day no doubt ’m still excited;
Am no more a trainee and therefore no more to be bullied;
But am a developer and have made my presence felt;
Not because I’m a genius to code but rather I’m the extended trainee support;
“Our client”, my PL claims, “ is the European retailer king”;
Never know yet why do they need high end engineers to sell their vegetables green,
My good old Ramdin in my ancestral village;
Sells it without so fuss and sells it so well;
No need of “OMBUDS, on call support”;
No need of “SWA” no “Development Bundle” though;
He makes good profit, his wife loves him so much;
Still one needs engineers for the grocery store.
It’s a couple of months now since July 22nd 2008;
The  PL says he can see in me an engineer good,
And ’m gonna shoulder great responsibilities ahead;
The CEO is supposed to visit the office today and a lot of action on all the floors;
The managers are a little smarter today and champion orators though just for a day;
Calls me in the morning my Papa the great;
Could not resist telling him that
The CEO comes down today and as expected in his chartered plane;
“He comes to meet my son and comes down straight”, Indian fathers’ can’t stop boasting of their sons a moment now and again;
 Its already 3 in the afternoon, but no signs of the CEO seen;
I am gonna lie to my Dad that the CEO has now grown old;
A  bit too quick and a bit too old;
Had all his meetings on the ground floor,
Never stopped complaining of his ailing knees though;
I ballooned up my chest and mustered some strength;
I asked my PL would the CEO come to meet us again?
“In Enemy at the Gates” chuckled at me my PL so;
 “Vesili could meet Stalin yet not in person in picture though”
2 years since then have travelled fast;
The CEO has changed and so has mine luck;
2 is what they have appraised me; and I am the “Pip” of “Great Expectations” to be;
 I’ll be shown the doors the next year to come and the dream to shake hands with the CEO would forever be gone;
The PL no more sees a great leader in me and I am the black sheep of the family.

Comments

  1. Disclaimer:
    Just a figment of imagination.An innocent humor and sarcasm put together of how mechanised we are in everything in this modern world.
    Any reference to any character or person is purely coincidental!

    ReplyDelete
  2. main zindgee ke gamo ko dhoyein main uda ta chala gaya ...

    ek aur ...

    Veer tum bade chalo ... dheer tum bade chalo...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the trail of Bistarband at Bharatpur Rajasthan

An evening with Tumhari Amrita

Broken Images Vs Bhikre Bimb: A Review